Each therapist has their own rate, please call our office to inquire about them.
Note: These rates apply to clients who do not have insurance coverage or choose not to use it.
Please note that not all practitioners accept Insurance or EAP companies. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Please call for information and a complete listing of the insurance companies we are credentialed with.
Payment form (i.e. cash, check, credit card or money order) accepted varies per each independent practitioner.
If you do not attend your scheduled therapy appointment and you have not notified us by at least 1:00 pm the day before the appointment, there will be a fee as stated in your agreement with your Therapist.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which we are required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, every effort will be made to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If the client does not cooperate, further measures, without their permission, are provided by law in order to ensure safety.
Questions? Please contact us for further information. Phone: 281-997-8400